McAfee Endpoint Security is another McAfee product which swiftly detects, prevents, and corrects advanced threats. In simple words, you can use it to get on-device threat detection and protection for your tablets, PCs, mobiles, and MACs.
It delivers centrally managed defenses with integrated capabilities like endpoint detection and response and machine learning analysis.
How to install McAfee Endpoint Security?
In order to install the Endpoint security for the first time, install server-side software on the management server. Now install it locally. You can also deploy the client software with default or custom settings. Verify that the client software is up to date on all managed systems. You can then configure settings as needed.
To get a clearer idea, follow the steps below:
- You can first download and run the installation program (if it is uninstalled); in case the product is installed, you would need to upgrade it to Endpoint Security 10.6. Download the software and run the installation wizard. Now continue with the other steps.
- Save your custom settings; review and revise them when needed.
- You would need to copy the product installation file to the system. Now, run the installation wizard to install or upgrade the product.
- Verify that the client software is installed and updated.
- Installation is done.
So, with the help of McAfee Endpoint Security, you can protect your windows, Mac, and other systems with multiple, collaborative defenses, and automated responses.
Points to Remember
To make the best use of Endpoint Security protection, make sure you follow these best practices:
- To ensure its optimal performance, upgrade all Endpoint Security modules to the same version.
- Make sure that when you are setting the previous version of Endpoint security for an upgrade, you run the McAfee SysPrep tool which allows detecting and enabling the third-party software to inject into McAfee processes. This would not cause any issues with the upgrading of security.
How to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security?
People at times uninstall it as it significantly slows down their computer. It is difficult to disable it temporarily. If you want to uninstall McAfee Endpoint security, follow these simple steps:
- Depending on the version of your windows, you can either open one of the options – control panel, programs and features, or Apps & Features.
- You will see that one of the following products would be mentioned: Firewall, Platform, Threat Prevention, or Web Control. As you find one, right-click the product and click on uninstall.
- It will take up to 30 minutes for background architecture files to be removed.
- Now, you can remove McAfee agent from Programs and Features or Apps & features.
- You can now close the window.
A Point to Remember
Never try to manually remove the McAfee products by deleting its files and folders. Always follow the procedure step-by-step given above.