McAfee is known to be global Computer security software which provides solutions for cloud, endpoint, and antivirus. Since McAfee owns it reputation of an intelligent and collaborative threat protection, it offers multiple products which are designed to work to provide the best security in different areas.
These include: McAfee Cloud Security, McAfee Data Protection and Encryption, McAfee Endpoint protection, McAfee Database protection, McAfee Network Security, McAfee Data analytics, McAfee Security Management, McAfee Web Security, McAfee Server Information and Event Management, and McAfee Server Security.
All these products integrate threat protection, a firewall, web control, and an advanced threat correction to make sure that there is no spread of malware.
The best thing about McAfee’s software is that it detects a problem immediately with the help of real-time scanning. However, lately the users which are using McAfee software on MAC are facing the issue, such as the software is having trouble with its real-time scanning or it shows that its firewall is disabled.
Read Also >> Install or Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security in few simple steps
If you are facing the same issue you can resolve it in a few simple steps.
Real-Time Scanning or Firewall Issue
Whenever you McAfee product is not able to run two of its major components such as “real-time scanning,” or “Firewall,” it starts displaying a red “at risk” exclamation mark. It suggests that your Mac is at risk too. Follow these steps to fix the problem of real-time scanning:
- On your MAC, open your McAfee product.
- You might be getting a blue colour option, written on it “turn on.”
- Click on it.
- In case you don’t see a blue coloured “turn on” option, you need to click the cog in the top-right corner.
- You will see the option of firewall or real-time scanning.
- Now click turn on.
- Now return to the main window and see if the real-time scanning has started.
In case, you still face the troubles, try the following:
- Ensure kernel extension is not blocked.
- Make sure that you do not have any third-party antivirus program installed on your computer. The third-party antivirus program might be causing a conflict with your software to work properly. Once you remove those programs, open the main page to see if the firewall is now enabled.
- If your McAfee software still doesn’t work properly, you can try reinstalling your McAfee software. You can reinstall the same version or you can upgrade the version.
Can you suggest some more solutions to the problem of McAfee real-time scanning not running for MAC?