With McAfee Shredder, you will be able to delete the items permanently from your computing systems. Even when you delete the files and folders manually from the computer you can still recover the information in the deleted files and folders with the help of computer forensic tools. You can recover a deleted file because there are some programs make temporary, hidden copies of open files.
The McAfee Shredder protects your confidentiality by building a defensive fortress against the viruses and deleting the unwanted files permanently. You should always remember that you cannot restore a shredded file on your computer.
Notable feature of McAfee Shredder
The most relevant and important feature of McAfee Shredder is that it deletes the files and folders permanently. You can remove the items from your computer’s hard drive so that the information linked in between, cannot be recovered and misused.
Shredder maintains your privacy by deleting the files and folders permanently, even the items in your Recycle Bin and temporary Internet files folders, items that are in Recycle bin and the Temporary Internet Files folder along with the entire contents of computer disks that are described as re-writable CDs, external hard drives and floppy disks.
McAfee Shredder makes sure that the information that is contained in the deleted files and folders in your Recycle Bin and in your Temporary Files cannot be recovered. With Shredder, you can decide how many times you want the shredder to work.
How to permanently delete files with McAfee Shredder?
For shredding the files permanently using McAfee Shredder, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step you have to launch “McAfee Shredder” from the desktop.
- You have to click on the “Advanced Menu” option that is visible on the McAfee Security Center page.
- You have to click on the “Tools” option to proceed further.
- Click on the “Shredder” tool in the list on-screen.
- You have to click on the “Erase files and folders” that are visible under the “I want to” tab that can be seen on the “Shred files and folders” window.
- Click on one of the options: “Quick, Comprehensive and Custom” options.
- You have to click on the “Next” option.
- You have to click on either the “Recycle Bin contents or Temporary Internet files.
- You have to click on the Browse option and then navigate to the file you wish to shred and then click on “Open” option.
- In this step, you have to click on the “Start” option and once the “Shredder” finishes, you have to click on “Done” option.
Note: – It is recommended not to Work until the Shredder has completed the task.
It is important to consider McAfee Shredder” as an important aspect of McAfee. The program enables you to delete the corrupted and deleted files permanently. The steps to delete the unwanted files permanently with the help of McAfee Shredder have been already discussed in the passage above. If you face and further issue related to the same, then it is recommended to get in touch with McAfee Customer Support experts who will assist you in resolving your queries.